Tuesday, February 12, 2013

An Introduction of Sorts


My name is Allison. I'm a freckled face kid from southeastern Arizona. I grew up in a tiny town.  A tiny town with no Walmart, no grocery stores, no McDonalds, and there was definitely no mall.  My mom usually went grocery shopping about every other week in a town a little bigger than ours 45 minutes away.

Growing up I didn't play video games, I built forts on the hill behind our house.  I didn't go to the movies, I took 4-H cooking and sewing.  I didn't go to the zoo, I entered my rabbits in the county fair (Did I mention that I won Reserve Showmanship one year?!? he he).

In high school, dates didn't rent limos or go to Disneyland for Prom, they rode 4-wheelers and drove old beaters that their parents had passed down and graciously let them drive.

Needless to say, life was different.

It's no surprise that I chose to marry a man as backwoods and down home as I am (if not more so). My husband grew up in a small town in northeastern Arizona and loves to hunt and fish and do anything  outdoorsy. He's basically perfect! (I might be biased though)

Now, my two kiddos, husband, and I live in the big city.  Some of the culture here is a bit of a shock to me, and I want my kids to learn at least a bit of the way of life I used to know and love.

You are welcome to follow along as I share our experiences and endeavors.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!