Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Faith

Our little family at the new Gilbert Temple open house.
This evening, I was able to tour the new Gilbert Temple with my husband and 2 kids.  We were also joined by some good friends.  If I had to choose 2 words (because I have so many) I would just say, "ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!"

As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (some call us Mormon and some refer to us as LDS), I was married to my husband 4 1/2 years ago in the Mesa Arizona Temple. The decision to be with my Favorite for the rest of eternity was the best decision I have ever made.  Life has just gotten better from that day forward.  With each passing "I love you" and each late night spent blurting out my entire day to this man, I fall deeper and deeper in love. 
Look at how young we look! If only you could freeze time! 
Basically, my Favorite (my little pet name for the Mr.) can usually guess how I'm feeling, he usually knows what to say, and is the first person I want to tell when something good or bad happens to me.  He is my biggest fan and I am his. 

He may not be perfect, but to me...he is. 

I know, I know, enough with the mushy stuff. 

What was I talking about again?!?!? Oh, faith.

When we are married in the temple, we are married for what is referred to as "Time & All Eternity."  Just think about that for a minute.  

When I committed to this man at the altar, I was promised that if we worked at our marriage, we could be together forever.  Not only that, but I was promised that my children could be mine forever if I would continue to try my hardest to follow Jesus Christ and do what God has asked me to do. 

On our wedding day, that meant the world to me.  But now, it means even more. 

Life is full of uncertainty. Yes, I have cancer, but you just watch me outlive you all! I'm a stubborn lady! But I have faith that I will be able to be with my Favorite and my two sweet kiddos in the next life because of what I know to be true.

Can I prove it to you? No. I do not have any tangible evidence that families can exist beyond the grave.  But the feeling that fills my chest when I pray to God about it is evidence enough of its truth.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." -Hebrews 1:11

I invite each of you to ask God for yourselves.  He will answer.  He always answers.  

I also invite you to ask me any questions about my faith or religion as you think of them! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!