Sunday, December 22, 2013

Another ultrasound

Ten loves our snowman. 


I was scheduled for another ultrasound guided biopsy yesterday.  I was really nervous.  My last ultrasound showed some atypical lymph node activity.  My lymph nodes were enlarged.  I DID have a sore throat and wasn't feeling well when I went for my last ultrasound, so I was hoping that had something to do with it.  But I was still nervous!
Buddy was fascinated by the mailbox with my name on it.
He thought it was a garage for his cars :) 


When you arrive, they always start with an ultrasound to just see what's going on first.  The ultrasounds take forever (or so it seems).  They gel your whole neck up (which makes for a sticky gooey neck for the rest of the day even if you try to wipe it all off.) If you've never had an ultrasound wand gliding over your jaw bone or your collar bone repeatedly, you're missing out! The particular ultrasound tech I had yesterday kept making weird faces.  Judging by the look on her face, either there was some pretty weird stuff going on in my neck, or she needed glasses--had to be one of the two.
Look at that professional! 
Long story short, my lymph nodes look the same or better than the last ultrasound that I had.  But, the radiologist wasn't sure how aggressive my doctor wants to be.  So, he's going to talk to her and then if I need a biopsy, I will have one another day.

Life has been pretty crazy the last few days.  I went to JoAnn's with the two kids.  Yep! I'm crazy! To top that off, both kids started throwing up last night.  We had a long first part of the night, but ended up getting about 6 straight hours of sleep.


The star!
Ten has a talent for undecorating trees...
which will come in handy at some point I'm sure! 
Early morning timer picture! We love Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love comments!